Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sketching

   Down below is my first sketch of my edition of Gamer Connect. This is the layout of what I want the magazine cover to look like. My partner Jessica and I came to the conclusion that we want the Masthead to be relatively bigger than the rest of the font size of the magazine cover. We have yet to finalize the design of the title of "Gamer Connect". So far we have reached out to Jessica's online connections (online friends that have graphic design experience) which are helping us develop a "video game related font" for the title. 
   As for the coverlines, I envision this "technologic" theme that will be cohesive with the table of contents. The coverlines will indicate the page number and description of article along with some sort of "gamer-themed decorations".
   Since this specific edition of the magazine focuses on the Super Smash Bros. video game series, the cover image will most likely be (as of now) a photograph of the game cover. This may or may not change in the development of the print. 
   The whole goal of the sketch is to now start to think of how to decorate and illustrate the "gamer feel". 
   Here are some video game magazine covers that I may use for inspiration. The fonts and the color pallets of them are the main reason why they are useful to my project. 







No comments:

Post a Comment